How far in advance do I need to order?
As soon as you can as I do get very booked up and am often turning work away. I can however sometimes fit in last minute cakes if I have a free slot so do get in touch to ask.
How do I store my cake and how long will it keep?
Your cake will come boxed and once cut should be wrapped airtight. As I bake from scratch using fresh ingredients, most cakes have a shelf life of around 3/4 days after collection. Fruit cake soaked in alcohol will keep for months.
Unless we are having a rare UK heatwave and you have ordered a cake laced in chocolate, it is advised that you do not store cakes in the fridge. You can freeze any left over cake and consume within 4 weeks.
Do you cater for allergens?
Absolutely! Please notify me of any allergens when placing your order. I bake regularly using nuts and gluten products and although every care is taken, I cannot guarantee nut or a gluten free kitchen.
Do you deliver?
Yes, I can deliver locally for an additional charge. I do get very busy, especially towards the end of the week with orders. If you require delivery, please enquire when placing your order.
What flavours do you do?
I am constantly baking for the local cafe’s that I supply so I can offer a wide range of flavours and fillings. My most popular flavours for my celebration cakes are:
- Traditional vanilla filled with raspberry jam and vanilla butter cream
- Rich chocolate with Belgian chocolate ganache filling
- Lemon sponge filled with lemon butter cream and lemon curd
- White chocolate and raspberry (raspberries in my vanilla sponge) with white chocolate ganache filling
- Vanilla blueberry (blueberries in my vanilla sponge) with blueberry jam and vanilla butter cream filling.
- Carrot cake with or without sultanas/walnuts with cream cheese filling
- Red velvet with cream cheese filling
- Rich chocolate Baileys with Belgian chocolate and Baileys filling
- Coffee walnut with coffee butter cream filling
- Vanilla sponge with or without mango pieces filled with passion fruit curd and vanilla butter cream (please give plenty of notice as I don’t keep passion fruit curd in stock)
What is your food hygiene rating?
I have a 5 star food hygiene rating, am fully inspected and insured. Although considered low risk as a cake maker, I take food hygiene and cleanliness very seriously.
How do I pay?
You can pay by cash, bank transfer (required in advance) or I can take card payment (sorry but Amex is not accepted)
Do you cater for events?
Yes, I can supply bulk bakes for events, including savoury items also. I don’t however supply a waitress service. Please get in touch to discuss your event, numbers and requirements for pricing information.
Do you recycle?
Yes, everything that I can possibly recycle is recycled! I am very conscious of waste. Everything from tubs, butter packets, cartons, cardboard, plastic and bags is recycled weekly. Your cake boxes and cake board with foil lining removed can be placed in your blue recycling bin.